Friday, June 13, 2008

Thoughts

How do I view myself?

In our time together I felt that we were asked to reflect on ourselves. When I look at myself, I imagine a half filled glass of water sitting outside exposed to the elements. When I am out in the world learning and being exposed to different things it is like the rain filling my glass. All types of things, good or bad fall into my glass during this storm of knowledge. Then, the next day the sun will come out and some of my water will evaporate and disappear. Like the thoughts and feeling you have during the experience have slowly escapes you. What is left in the glass is water and all the good and bad things that has fallen in. All the things (knowledge, feeling, and assumptions) you have taken from that experience.


I am a glass of water in the element because your surroundings, your environment are what effect who you are. You have no control over your surroundings; it is just like the elements. As a glass of water you sit there. Someone could come and drink from you meaning people could learn from you or be touched by you. If someone comes along and knock it over then these are the hits in life that you take. You can learn from them or you can stay in that slump and become that knock over glass sitting in the elements. I am a glass of water which is never filled and there will all way be room for improvement.

No comments: