Friday, June 13, 2008

Feedback

Looking back…

1. What was my expectation for this class?

I did not really have any expectation for this class. Plus, I never really know what to expect from my classes. I think that is how I walk into most of my classes. I was open to learning and exploring new and old thing. The only thing I really expected was a challenging course. Overall, I felt that it was but, not too too much over the top challenging.

2. What was your biggest personal challenge and accomplishment?

I think my greatest challenge was the cultural project. I have never really stop to think about who I am and what makes my culture. It was a challenge to really sit back and think, analyze, and sum up one’s culture. Perhaps this was a self building project or self enlighten type of thing but, for a long time I thought my culture is define by my parents. I think this challenge could be my biggest accomplishment in this class. Even thought I did not think I have fully closed my culture project. Then again, I did not think you can ever really sum up your culture in a poster or an essay.


3. What did I get out of the class?

I have always wanted to teach in an urban school and I know what urban school could hold. Most of the thinks we talked about in class were reviews. Most of the classes I have taken in Montclair State University have touch upon these topics. (Poverty and Family class, Read 400 and Child development, Philosophy of Education, est.) Plus, my own experience growing, learning, and attending urban public school. On the other hand the new things I have learned in class are not so much the content. I have learn to use blogging and webpage building. I will certainly go to use these things, when I become a teacher. Plus, it is using technology what child would not love it and this is the perfect way to include parent in class active and keep them informed.


Feedback on the over all course…

I feel that the overall course was effective. In terms of learning about urban schools I feel that the class and I got a lot out of it. I enjoyed the tracing back into history for the roots of urban communities and education. I think it was important to see where it all came from and how it came to be. The readings were informative and it was an awaking to read. Even though that the PDK Poll was not that wonderful, I still think it was important to see what the public really think about education. As mention in class I think the UTI school visit could have been a “real” or typical urban class visit. This would help bring everything we learned into context.

No comments: